Mustache Hot Cocoa: Makes 2 Cups
2 cups milk of choice (we use almond milk)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp baking cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice (we use dark chocolate chips)
- In a small saucepan, add sugar and most of your milk, leaving about 1/2 cup in your measuring receptacle. Put over a medium low heat.
- Add your cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon (if using), and cocoa powder to the remaining milk, and stir until thoroughly combined. It’ll look like the cocoa powder doesn’t want to mix, but be patient.
- Once your pot begins to simmer lightly, add your remaining milk mixture, and let simmer for about a minute.
- Add in your chocolate chips and turn off the heat leaving the pan on the burner. Stir constantly until your chips have completely melted.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with your favorite cocoa toppings! We love marshmallows and candy canes on our cocoa here.
- Enjoy! B enjoys it all the time but mostly after coming in from playing in the snow.