Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies: Makes About 10-12
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
1/2 cup mashed bananas, (1-2 depending on their size)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-1 cup dark chocolate chips (to taste)
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together your bananas, vanilla, and oil until combined.
- Stir in your cake mix, mixing until just combined.
- Using an 2 oz scoop (or 1/4 cup), scoop the dough into dough balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before devouring. (I know it’ll be hard, they smell so good!)
Teriyaki Sauce: Makes 1 1/2 Cups
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
3 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tbsp minced ginger
2-3 scallions, minced
3/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp rice wine vinegar or lime juice (optional if you like your terriyaki zippy)
1 tsp sambal (optional)
- Mince all of your garlic, ginger, and green onions.
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or plastic container.
- Add to your favorite foods in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Note: As you add it to your favorite foods, it will continue to thicken, so don’t worry if it looks too thin.
If you’d rather use it as a ready-to-use sauce or marinade, you can simmer all the ingredients in a small pot until thickened and no longer tasting starchy!
Citrus Adobo Vinaigrette: Makes 4OZ
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
1/2 – 1 tsp honey (to taste)
1 tsp mayo of choice (we used vegan mayo)
1/2 – 1 tsp adobo seasoning (we use The Spice House adobo blend, which is lower salt content so we can use more)
1 tsp olive oil
1. Zest and juice your citrus into a small bowl. Make sure to remove any seeds that may have snuck their way in there.
2. Add your mayo, adobo, and honey. Whisk thoroughly!
3. Whisk in your oil. (If the dressing is too thin for your tastes, you can always add more, just be sure to pour slowly and whisk quickly, or your dressing will break.)