Limber de Coco: Makes 4 Cups
- 1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (5.3 oz) can coconut cream (I used Wegman’s brand)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (or see bonus recipe, and use a single batch)
- 1 can water OR almond milk – use the empty sweetened condensed milk can to help get every last drop!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
Simply blend all of your ingredients together until smooth, and then pour into plastic cups or containers. Freeze for 8 hours, or overnight! I like scraping at the frozen flakes with a fork to get a similar texture to shaved ice! Best enjoyed in the sunshine.
BONUS: Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk: Makes 9-10 ounces
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp plant butter
In a small saucepan over medium low heat, simmer together all of the ingredients until reduced by at least half, (which took my stove around 20 minutes).
To test if it’s ready, it should bubble vigorously when stirred, or try testing it with a cold spoon. Place a spoon in the fridge or freezer while you’re making the condensed milk (15-30 minutes). Dip the spoon into the sweetened condensed milk and run your finger across the back of it, it should be sticky and not run together.Store up to 2 weeks in the fridge! You can use this for baking or as a caramel dipping sauce.
Beware: apple slices dipped in this are way addicting. Enjoy!