French Toast Jammer Bake: Makes 4-5 Jumbo Cups
- 1/2 loaf bread of choice, cut into cubes (we used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup jam of choice (we used blackberry for this batch)
- 2 eggs or egg substitute (we used 1/3 cup plant based egg)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (we used oat milk)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your jam, eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Toss the cubes in the mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan, and spoon about 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup of the bread into each cup.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, rotating your pan after 15 minutes to promote even baking. (Tip: You can use a regular muffin pan, just reduce the amount in each cup and keep an eye on your cooking time, it’s likely you’ll need a little less time in the oven, about 15-20 minutes.)
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve warm. (Or if making ahead of time, let them cool completely and store in the fridge.) Try with maple syrup or whipped cream!
Just a quick note: I’ve found the best way to remove them from the pan is to carefully run a rubber spatula around the outside of the bake and then scoop from the bottom.