I couldn’t decide between kimchi stew or veggie curry, so I decided to have the best of both worlds! This recipe comes together super quick and easy for a veggie packed lunch. You can even make it vegan/vegetarian!
- 1 1/2 cups stock of choice (I used chicken stock)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 small handful of cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchi (I used some kimchi I made on Lunar New Year)
- 1/2 medium-hot Golden Curry curry cube (or 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp curry powder added to the pot with the water)
- 1 tsp roasted garlic paste
- Noodles or rice for serving
- Add your stock, carrots, celery, and cabbage to a pot with your stock over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in your kimchi, curry cube, and garlic paste, mixing well, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, or until the soup has reduced and your veggies are tender to taste.
- Serve over ramen noodles or rice, and enjoy!
You can always dress this recipe up or down to your tastes/what you have on hand. Add a soft boiled egg, some scallions, or some chili oil! Dont have the veggies on hand? Use what you have! Make it yours and enjoy.