Hot Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies: Makes 24-36 small cookies
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp of your favorite hot cocoa mix
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 tbsp plant butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup mini marshmallows
1/3 cup chocolate chips of choice
- In a bowl, mix together your oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your honey, plant butter, applesauce, vanilla, and cocoa mix.
- Stir your dry mix into the honey mixture, and fold in your marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Allow your mixture to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you’re waiting.
- Using a 1 oz scoop (or a rounded tablespoon), scoop cookie dough into balls and place on an greased baking sheet 1-2” apart. Push them down slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingertips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the cook time to promote even baking.
- Rest the cookies for 2-5 minutes on the pan before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
Enjoy! These are great to give you a little sweet without weighing you down for the rest of the day.