If you’re vegan, use an egg replacement like Simply Eggless or Just Egg to your dough. I’ve tried it with both products, and it worked great each time!
A slow, delicious treat for sandwiches, pizzas, or pasta, oh my!
Roasted Tomatoes: Makes 1 Pound
1 pound tomatoes of choice (I used tomatoes on the vine today, but I usually use romas or grape tomatoes.)
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground fennel
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flake
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
1 bay leaf
Preheat your oven to 250F.
- In a cup or bowl, mix together your garlic, sugar, salt, oil, herbs, and spices.
- If using larger tomatoes, slice them to the thickness of your liking. Remember – they will cook down in the oven.
- Toss your tomatoes in the oil mixture, and place on a sheet tray, pouring any remaining dressing over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 2 hours, rotating your pan halfway through the cooking time to promote even baking.
- Allow to cool, and store in a glass or plastic container with the leftover cooking liquid.
- Enjoy on sandwiches, on pizzas, in salads, or anywhere else you might enjoy a roasty toasty tomato.
Tip: Use the leftover oil/juice that comes off of the tomatoes for other recipes! Toss pasta in it, make a salad dressing with it, or brush it over bread and toast! Don’t let that liquid gold go to waste!