Roasted Garlic Chipotle Sauce: Makes 1 1/2 – 2 cups
10-12 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 cup canola oil
3 tbsp chipotles in adobo
¼ cup cilantro
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tsp kosher salt
- Place your garlic cloves in a pan and cover with the oil, over a medium low heat.
- Gently cook until the garlic is soft, light golden, and fragrant.
- Strain your garlic out, reserving your oil.
- Place your roasted garlic into a blender or a food processor with the salt, chipotles, lime juice, and zest. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add in 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of the roasted garlic oil until you have a thick and whipped sauce.
- Add in your cilantro, adding additional oil as needed.
Enjoy! We used it most recently on top of some black bean and corn tacos, but later today I’m going to make homemade queso with it!